Lab / Research & Development
R&D is a vital function for Aloft. To be a “state-of-the art” kind of company, we must be aware of the latest innovations in terms of machinery, technology, processing and materials. Our customers expect the best solution available for each project, and our open-minded approach to every new idea means we’re up to the challenge.
In addition to developing and testing ideas and prototypes in our own lab, we work together with universities and other centres of excellence to exchange know-how, thus promoting research, design and economic capabilities.
Rapid prototyping allows us to quickly transform a concept into a product and test it.
Let’s create something unique.
Due to our considerable experience in technical footwear, we have the proven ability to develop high performance rubber formulations and to work with advanced thermoplastic materials resulting in:
• Technical formulations to rigorous specifications.
• Development of new pigments and colour ways.
• Formulation of rubber on-demand.
• Incorporation of new technical pigments and colour combinations for multi-layered products.
Reach & Cads approved!
At Aloft we take care in each new development to be updated and to respect the different Toxicology demands throughout our internal value chain. Our recent approval state just this:
Some of our own R&D developments:
• Heat resistance.
• Firefighting footwear.
• Non-slip and “Grip on ice” materials.
• Special thermoplastic soles for cold climates.
• Thermochromic and glow-in-the-dark pigments.
When we think we know
everything about soles, we think again.
Innovation is tricky.
(+351) 22 937 111 6
Rua das Alminhas, 172,